Wednesday 18 January 2012

Grape Seed Oil and Earth Balance Butter

Well today I purchased grape seed oil for $6.99, and I am pretty sure that is what you would call passion! I am a student for gods sake what am I going to do with grapeseed oil??? Well apparantly it is cholesterol free and helps lower bad cholesteral while raising the good kind. And none of us want clogged arteries do we? It can be used as a substitute for olive oil (or any oil really), as it is very light in taste.



I am making curried chickpea cakes with it tonight, so I will let you know how it goes and any other discoveries I may make. Oh ya! I also purchased Earth Balance (a vegan buttery spread). I have yet to try it but I have heard, seen and read so much about it I just couldn't help myself ($5.99). Apparantly it is another awesome cholesteral reducer, 100% natural as well as rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3-fatty acids are essential for human health, but the body cannot make them on their own. These can be found in alot of fish oils (especially salmon and tuna!). Since vegans normally don't eat fish they can find Omega 3's in products like earth balance, fish oil, walnuts... oh and flaxseeds. don't even get me started on flaxseeds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment